VITA's TEBS system
The telecommunications expense (management) and billing solution (TEBS) system should be used to order telecommunications services which are not included in the Service Catalog, and which are not part of the VITAnet contracts. TEBS supports VITA's role as a reseller of wire-line and wireless services, and enables it to offer a wide array of services and products. VITA provides added-value to over 800 state and locality customers within the Commonwealth of Virginia in such areas as:
- Procurement and management of state-wide telecommunications contracts to include the services and products requested by customers, and negotiation of the best possible pricing.
- Ordering and provisioning
- Asset inventory and asset management
- Usage management (validation and optimization)
- Vendor invoice management (carrier invoice receipt and reconciliation, VITA-carrier dispute resolution, accounts payable and VITA cost allocations)
- Customer support
- Consolidated rebilling to customers (accounts receivable, customer billing and customer- VITA dispute resolution)
To place an order for a TEBS telecommunications product and/or service, please contact your agency's telecommunications coordinator to enter the request through TEBS' Simple Work Order - For User.
Multiple Products Order
When placing orders for multiple lines, circuits, devices, etc., please submit no more than five lines per order (current system constraints restrict orders to this limit--future enhancements are being considered to alleviate this issue). Please contact Linda Brown of the VITA Telecommunications Customer Service (TCS) office at 804-426-9371 if assistance is needed.
Steps to enter "for user" information on the Simple Work Order screen in TEBS
To enter "for user" information in TEBS, use the following steps and tips:
- Select the four digit agency code and the three digit activity code for the "for user." Please note, this will always be a seven digit number (ex. 0403000). If only the agency code is provided, the line will bill in error at the bill payer level (level five) instead of the agency code level (level six).
- Always select the activity code in addition to the agency code when doing "for user." If your agency does not have an actual activity code, enter 000. Doing so ensures the extension will bill at the correct level and charges will be included on the customer's bill payer detail report. Only charges billing at level six appear on this report. Charges billed at level five do not appear on the bill payer detail report, causing a discrepancy between the invoice amount and the bill payer detail report.
For questions, please contact email@example.com. To ensure prompt response and resolution of questions, do not send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org – contact the TCS office directly.
To retrieve the bill payer report and bill payer detail report in TEBS:
- Log into the TEBS system
- Click on Reports > Report Outputs > Cost Center Reports > Magnifying glass icon
- Enter the four-digit agency number in the cost center box
- Select Search
The links to the bill payer report (invoice summary) and the bill payer detail report will be displayed.
If you have questions about past due balances, please contact general accounting at (804) 416-6093. If you have other billing questions, please contact the billing office at email@example.com.
Several workflow diagrams have been prepared to clarify how business processes work in TEBS:
If you are having difficulty accessing TEBS, follow these steps:
- Use this URL (https://telco.vita.virginia.gov:8443/tebs/).
- Verify that Ports 8443 and 8444 are open in your site.
- If you are still having difficulties, contact your local desktop support person.
If a user does not have access to TEBS:
- Send an access request e-mail to TEBSMail@vita.virginia.gov.
Please use the "Contact Us" section below for a list of email accounts designed to handle certain and specific questions and requests. Do NOT send any TEBS-related questions or requests to the VITACOMMS mailbox.
For more information available at TEBS_FAQs.pdf