The Project Management Division (PMD) provides consultation, governance and oversight to agencies
PMD provides assistance for Commonwealth-level Information Technology (IT) projects and associated procurements from project initiation approval throughout the project lifecycle.
Project Management Division responsibilities include:
- Development of the Commonwealth Project Management Standard, Program Management Standard, and Project Manager Qualification and Training Standard.
- Development of the Commonwealth Project Management Guideline and Program Management Guideline.
- Supporting and ensuring the compliance of IT project/program management standards, governance processes and procurements.
- Agency project management training, consulting and assessment.
- Review and make CIO recommendations for Project Initiation Approval (PIA), Procurement Governance Request (PGR) approval, Invitations for Bid (IFB), Requests for Proposal (RFP), and contracts associated with IT projects.
- Facilitate PIA reviews for agencies and higher education, and recommend approval or disapproval of the project to the Secretary of Technology and CIO.
- Attend internal agency oversight committees on behalf of the Secretary of Technology and CIO.
- Confirm projects have adequate project management and oversight structures and processes that will enable the success of the project.
- Report project status to the Secretary of Technology and CIO with appropriate recommendations for project suspension, cancellation, corrective action and support.
- Review Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) strategies, proposed IV&V statements of work and final reports of IV&V analysis on behalf of the CIO.
- Develop and sustain the Commonwealth Project Management Development Program which includes qualification requirements, training and the qualification process.