AWS is a cloud computing service, which provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and application programming interface's (API) for reliable, scalable and inexpensive cloud computing services. This allows for building, testing, deploying and managing applications and services. AWS is a set of cloud services to build and run a wide range of applications and services in a highly available host environment.
Network connections back to on-premise data centers are required services and will be charged based on agency consumption, as well as applicable one-time nonrecurring labor fees.
Enterprise architecture will validate the requested cloud service items by comparing them to the cloud workload optimization service (CWOS) artificial intelligence (AI) solution. This is to ensure the workloads are being optimized and right-sized for best use in the AWS environment.
All new services and upgrades are based on current market prices at the time of procurement as part of the initiation process.
- Compute Cloud allows you to increase or decrease storage according to the need of your organization
- Stronger support for business intelligence (Bl) and analytics
- AWS enables you to select an operating system, programming language and database of your choice.
- Broad & deep service offerings
- Robust partner ecosystem
- High transfer stability
- Minimal information is lost during server and storage transfer
- Offers multiple data centers for availability and low latency
- Better DevOps support
Minimum service commitment period: Public cloud services have a minimum service commitment period of one billing cycle. Customers will be invoiced the chargeback resource unit rate for one billing cycle even if the service ordered is installed and decommissioned within the same billing cycle. The chargeback resource unit rate is not prorated for a portion of the billing cycle.
Note: All existing workloads are required to run in the private cloud before being migrated to a public cloud.
Frequently asked questions about this service can found at Cloud Services FAQs.