Virginia is recognized as a leader in its use of information technology to increase citizen access to government. To increase awareness of both national recognition and best practices, award-winning IT initiatives are compiled here. In addition to narratives about recent Commonwealth honorees, several national sites referenced here offer helpful tools including examples from other states.
- StateScoop Cybersecurity Leader of the Year: Michael Watson, VITA Chief Information Security Officer
- Winner of the National Association of State Chief Information Officers Award for successful multisupplier model transition of less than two years: “Virginia: Pioneering a New Method of State IT Services Delivery”
- Finalist of the National Association of State Chief Information Officers Award for cybersecurity: “Quantitative Risk Analysis for Improved Cybersecurity Risk Management”
- Recognized as one of the country’s top states in Digital States Survey 2020: A- grade
- Recognized as one of the country’s top states in Digital States Survey 2018: A- grade