Multisupplier Model Information Overview
The Virginia IT Agency’s (VITA) goals are focused on creating the best technological ecosystem possible for customers. With that in mind, VITA has built one of the first multisupplier models in the United States.
As current contracts begin to approach key milestones, we are taking an open, in-depth look at performance across partnerships to identify opportunities for enhancements and capitalize on lessons learned.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Focus on Multisupplier Model
Before beginning procurement cycles for infrastructure services contracts, VITA has obtained review and recommendations from industry leading consultants.
Copies of those assessments are listed below, as are reports received from the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission (JLARC), which provides ongoing oversight to the agency.
VITA publishes its statewide and infrastructure contracts on the public contracts portal.
The links below are to each contract’s page on that portal, where current contract documents and copies of amendments and notices may be viewed or downloaded. Generally, these are updated monthly, but that is sometimes delayed, particularly when redactions are needed.
Request for proposals (RFP) for managed public cloud services:
- The RFP documents may be accessed on eVA
- A recording of the Supplier teleconference is available here: VITA-RFP-2023-03 Managed Public Cloud Services
Request for proposals (RFP): Enterprise-level mainframe services:
Assessment documents and reports
2023: Symbio assessment
In the fall of 2022, Symbio was contracted to complete an independent review of VITA’s multisourcing services integrator and multisupplier model. Symbio completed its analysis using industry information, VITA internal benchmarks and similar partnerships with other state agencies to identify opportunities to refine the model. The assessment was completed in April 2023; materials are linked below. These results are part of an independent analysis and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, nor are any indication of future procurement activities. As procurement guidance is developed, it will be posted on this page.
- VITA MSI Commercial Analysis
- VITA MSI Acquisition Plan
- VITA MSI Baseline Assessment
- VITA Governance Assessment
Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission (JLARC) assessments and reports on VITA including:
2015: Integris Assessment - November 2015 Final Recommendation Report
- Multisourcing Service Integrator (MSI) contract with SAIC (VA-170822-SAIC)
- Managed Security Services (MSS) contract with Atos (VA-180112-ATOS)
- Server, Storage, and Data Center Services (SSDC) contract with Unisys (VA-180815-UC)
- Voice and Data Network (VDN) contract with Verizon (VA-151028-MCI5)
- Messaging Services contract with NTT Data (VA-210517-NTT)
- End User Services-Computing (EUS) contract with Iron Bow (VA-180915-IBTL)
- Managed Print Services (MPS) contract with Xerox (VA-180915-XERX)
- Mainframe contract with Peraton (f.k.a. Perspecta) (VA-160926-HPEN)
Since 2020, the Appropriation Act has required VITA to report monthly on changes to the infrastructure contracts. (That language is currently found in Item 93(D).) Those reports can be accessed on the Virginia General Assembly’s reports website.