Enterprise Architecture (EA) Policies, Standards, and Guidelines
Establishes the Commonwealth's EA as the primary source for providing information technology (IT) direction and technical requirements, which govern the acquisition, use, and management of IT resources by executive branch agencies. This document contains Commonwealth policy statements related to applications systems development and open source software. It provides the process used to govern agency requests for changes and exceptions to the commonwealth's EA requirements. And this policy ensures all recommendations and requests for changes or exceptions are logged, reviewed and considered in a timely manner.
Establishes direction and technical requirements governing the acquisition, use and management of IT resources by executive branch agencies. The intent of this document is to provide a single consolidated list of requirements related to the Commonwealth's EA for use by executive branch agencies and their business partners. Architecture direction for agencies when planning, changing or adding to their information technology is presented in two forms:
1. Requirements: Statements providing mandatory EA direction.
2. Technology component standard tables: Tables indicating what technologies or products agencies may acquire at a particular point in time. The requirements are mandatory when acquiring a new or replacing an existing technology or product.
Reports & Technical Briefs
The following provides additional information of an enterprise architecture (EA) topic, which may include principles, recommendations and best practices.
- Wireless Radio Communication - November 2021
- End-User Productivity - Displays | Monitors Technical Brief - September 2021
- Remote Connectivity Technical Brief - April 2021
- 5G Technical Brief - August 2020
- End User End Point Backup Technical Brief - March 2020
- Windows 10 Service Updates Technical Brief - January 2020
- Virtualization and Containers Technical Brief - January 2019
- Converged and Hyper-converged Infrastructure Technical Brief - January 2019
- Quantum Computing Technical Brief - January 2019
- Jump Server / Box / Point Technical Brief - July 2018
- Server Device Naming Convention - February 2018
- Servers and Devices Naming Convention Technical Brief - February 2018
- Open Source Technical Brief - February 2018
- Oracle-12c | IBM-DB2 | MS-SQL Technical Brief - November 2017
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) Technical Brief - November 2017
- Cloud Exchange Technical Brief - November 2017
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Technical Brief - November 2017
- Boot via SAN vs Boot via DAS Technical Brief - October 2017
- Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Technical Brief - April 2017
- End-User Services Desktop Virtualization Technical Brief - April 2017
- EA Insight Wireless Access Points (WAPs) - November 2016
- ED7 - Leveraging Use of Shared Data and Analytics Final Report - January 2017
- Commonwealth Data Standardization Final Plan
Final CDS - Appendix 2: NIEM Core Person Data Exchange v1.5 - July 2013
Final CDS - Appendix 3a: NIEM Cost Model - Low Participation v2.0 - June 2015
Final CDS - Appendix 3b: NIEM Cost Model - Medium Participation v2.0 - June 2015
Final CDS - Appendix 3c: NIEM Cost Model - High Participation v2.0 - June 2015
- COV Adopted Data Standards - 2017
- SEARCH the list for a standard you are seeking.
- If the URL does not work, try copying the URL then and pasting it into your web browser's search field.
- Model Virginia Map Accuracy Standards Guideline
- VGIN Administrative Boundary Geospatial Data Standard
- Virginia Public Records Act Code