We provide innovative and cost-effective services to executive branch agencies.
The goal of business automation solutions (BAS) is to provide innovative, cost effective, on-demand Software as a Service (SaaS) applications to the executive branch agencies that enable key value-add capabilities such as increased productivity, speed, efficiency, high performance and security without any agency management or oversight needed. These services allow our customers to better connect, protect and innovate when serving the citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Visit the Announcements section below to find out what's new.
New services and features are now available
We have added more services and features! Read more by clicking on tabs and check back often for updates to our enterprise services. Visit VITA Catalog Services List for a short description of each service available in the service catalog. Learn about How to order VITA services.
Box content management system service will see a 36% rate reduction in FY23.
VITA has negotiated reduced support costs with its support provider and is able to pass real savings onto our customers. Starting in June, the new per user, per month rate will be $57.35, a 36.41% reduction from the previous rate. Box is approved by Commonwealth Security for sensitive data. Agencies can begin ordering through the VITA service catalog in June and will receive the new, reduced per user rate.
Power Platform training sessions
VITA, in coordination in Microsoft, is offering agencies an opportunity to learn more about Power Platform. Lunch and learns as well as hands-on workshops will be held from September through November. To learn more about the lunch and learns, workshops and to register, visit the training page. Once registered for a session, attendees will receive a confirmation email from Microsoft.
VITA ePen approved to store and transmit sensitive data
VITA's ePen, powered by DocuSign, is the Commonwealth’s enterprise eSignature solution. DocuSign is the only enterprise cloud oversight service (ECOS) approved e-signature solution in the Commonwealth and has been approved by Commonwealth Security to store and transmit sensitive data such as HIPAA and PII with internal and external stakeholders.
Low code application platform (LCAP) service
VITA's LCAP-category of services will enable agencies and users to build, integrate and deploy any type of enterprise government apps focused on customer service, marketing automation, analytics and development. Stay tuned for more information.
- LCAP - Salesforce public sector will offer a variety of options, from personal productivity apps to full-scale enterprise applications.
- LCAP - Power Platform is a set of applications that will allow agencies to automate processes, build solutions, analyze data and create virtual agents.
Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings
ePen (DocuSign) - VITA ePen is an electronic signature (e-signature) that will allow agencies to add branding and securely obtain signatures on electronic documents (e.g. .pdf and Microsoft products ). E-signatures have layers of security and authentication built into them, along with court-admissible proof of transaction. DocuSign is the only enterprise cloud oversight service (ECOS) approved e-signature solution in the Commonwealth and has been approved by Commonwealth Security to store and transmit sensitive data such as HIPAA and PII with internal and external stakeholders.
Common uses for VITA ePen:
- Digitize citizen- or employee-facing forms
- Build document workflows for review, acknowledgement and approvals
- Capture digital signatures
- Delegated signing - enables users to assign a delegate to sign on their behalf. Available at no additional cost.
- Remote online notarization (RON) - notarize a document remotely through the use of electronic signature, identity verification, audio-visual and electronic notarial journal and record keeping technologies.
To add VITA ePen, agencies must complete the VITA service catalog request form.
Box content management system - Box is a cloud-based, user-centric platform that enables users to easily share, manage and secure their content using any device. With Box, agencies can reduce IT costs, leverage unlimited data storage at no additional cost, and improve security and privacy of information sharing. Box is compliant with the IT security and privacy requirements of the Commonwealth of Virginia (COV).
Key features of Box:
- COV users can access Box using a web browser, desktop or mobile device.
- Easy to use and provides a seamless way to manage and collaborate on content.
- File actions include upload, download, preview, editing and commenting.
- Files are securely stored in folders.
Box is integrated with many enterprise applications, including Microsoft Office, Gmail and others. This allows users to securely store and edit content with other users in common applications. Box enterprise offers unlimited storage.
To add Box, agencies must complete the VITA service catalog request form. Box is a 1-year commitment.
Robotic process automation (UiPath) - Robotic process automation (RPA) is a service used for software applications that partially or fully automate human activities that are rule-based, manual and repetitive. RPA is the technology that gives agencies a low-code/no-code way to train and deploy a “robot” or digital worker/assistant that emulates human interactions across digital systems, to execute business processes at machine speed and with 100% accuracy.
As RPA only mimics human interactions with systems, RPA doesn’t store any agency data. The only exception are artifacts of the account creation within Automation Cloud, which include login credentials and logs.
The following RPA services, and functionality, are available in the VITA service catalog:
- Unattended Robots – Robot license type that allows for automation without a user’s assistance
- Attended Robots – Robot license that assists a user’s function with repetitive tasks
- Non-Production – Robot license type that allows for non-production testing of automation functions
- Studio – Annual license type that allows for the development of scripts for the robotic processes
To add RPA, agencies must complete the VITA service catalog request form. RPA is a 1-year commitment.
Solutioning services offerings
- Enterprise services consulting (formerly workplace collaboration service (WCS) consulting) - Provides development for the Office 365 platform (SharePoint, Teams and OneDrive) as well as other available SaaS applications in the service catalog. Agencies can also learn how to develop and maintain these solutions in house, if desired.
- VITA Enterprise Services Governance and Oversight - Includes security and hardening standards and reviews as well as application integration and new functionality requests for existing SaaS services in the service catalog.
- Request for solution (RFS) - Gives agencies a way to provide requirements for a solution or service that is not in or are not able to be requested using the service catalog.
Did you know VITA business automation solutions can integrate?
Potenial integrations available:
*Requires an API solution for the integration