Appendix B - Steps for Ordering IT Services Utilizing GSA IT
When ordering IT services from GSA IT Contracts, contact VITA’s SCM Division at scminfo.vita.virginia.gov prior to completing the following:
- Prepare a request for quotation (RFQ) that includes:
- Statement of work: Include detail on the work to be performed, the location of the work, the period of performance, the deliverable schedule, the applicable performance standards and any special requirements (e.g., security clearances, reports, travel, and special knowledge).
- Evaluation criteria: At a minimum, include evaluation of a project plan for performing the task, price, experience and past performance.
- Pricing: A firm-fixed price order shall be requested, unless the ordering agency makes a determination that it is not possible to estimate accurately or with any reasonable degree of confidence the extent or duration of the work or costs. When such a determination is made, a labor-hour or time-and-materials quotation may be requested. The firm-fixed price of the order should also include any travel costs or other direct charges related to performance of the services ordered. A ceiling price must be established for labor-hour and time-and-materials orders.
- Special pricing: A requirement for pricing information that ties the offered prices to the GSA IT contract prices and seeks additional price reductions where appropriate.
- Transmit the RFQ to GSA IT contractors
- Obtain three quotes: Provide the RFQ (including the statement of work and evaluation criteria) to at least three GSA IT suppliers that offer the IT services requested and to any other GSA IT suppliers that request copies.
Note: Each GSA IT contract has a maximum order threshold, which will vary by special item number. The maximum order threshold represents the point where, given the dollar value of the potential order, the ordering activity shall seek a price reduction.
- Evaluate responses and place the order or establish the blanket purchase agreement
- Conduct evaluations: Evaluate all responses received using the evaluation criteria in the RFQ. GSA has already determined that the hourly rates for services contained in the supplier’s GSA IT price list are fair and reasonable. However, the customer is responsible for considering the level of effort and the mix of labor proposed to perform a specific task being ordered, and for determining that the total firm-fixed price or ceiling price is fair and reasonable.
- Make award: Place the purchase order with the GSA IT supplier that represents the IT best value.
Previous < | > Next