Related Links & Materials
The Virginia Information Technologies Agency's new Innovation Center of Excellence (VITA ICE) will enable the exploration, evaluation and implementation of new technologies as the commonwealth moves to the next generation of information technology (IT).
- Research new and emerging technologies of potential interest to the commonwealth
- Coordinate with industry, agencies and institutions
- Collaborate with the private sector to identify emerging technologies
- Facilitate supplier demonstrations
- Valuate viability, applicability and architectural fit and business value of new technologies
- Maintain agile processes to facilitate rapidly changing technology trends
- Inform stakeholders through vendor showcases and communities of interest
- Provide innovation strategy and program management that align with the VITA IT strategic plan
The VITA ICE program will accomplish these goals by leveraging relationships with suppliers who have existing contracts with VITA and through targeted outreach to suppliers in specific areas of the open market.
Supplier participation in the VITA ICE program will not constitute a procurement under the Virginia Public Procurement Act (§2.2-4300 et seq. of the Code of Virginia) nor will any participation result in a contract award for any product or service. Rather, the findings of the program may play a part in the development of VITA's procurement planning.