It is important to research VITA statewide contracts found here:
to ensure that no current contracts exist to satisfy your agency's technology needs. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to request a meeting with a VITA sourcing specialist to discuss your IT needs and plans or to obtain advice.
These important actions should be completed before issuing joint and/or cooperative IT solicitations:
- Designate a lead agency to conduct the procurement, with qualified procurement and technical staff and commitment to perform the joint and/or cooperative procurement through completion.
- Require joint and/or cooperative members to sign an agreement that includes the policies and procedures under which the joint and/or cooperative will work.
- Invite joint and/or cooperative members, including technical specialists, to participate in the development of specifications, reporting needs and contract terms and conditions. Ensure all pertinent agency, local, state and federal statutory and other requirements for all joint and/or cooperative members are included in the solicitation.
- Provide for delivery, service, maintenance and other value-added services to be provided by designated local suppliers and small businesses including small businesses owned by women, minorities, and service-disabled veterans as well as micro business suppliers.
- Utilize a competitive solicitation process to obtain the best-value contract.
- Survey joint and/or cooperative members and research their history on buying patterns and estimated requirements.
- Circulate draft solicitations among joint and/or cooperative members and prospective IT suppliers for comments and suggestions.