In connection with any proposal or qualifying project, VITA shall have all rights available to it by law in administering the PPEA proposals that it receives, including without limitation the following:
- Right to reject any or all proposals at any time, for any reason, solely within the discretion of VITA. Proposers shall have no recourse against VITA for such rejection. Proposers will be notified in writing of such rejection.
- Terminate evaluation, review or consideration of any and all proposals at any time and reserve the right to issue an RFI or RFP for the proposed project.
- Suspend, discontinue and/or terminate comprehensive agreement negotiations with any proposer at any time before the actual authorized execution of a comprehensive agreement by all parties.
- Negotiate with a proposer without being bound by any provision in its proposal.
- Decline to return any fee required to be paid by proposers hereunder, except for initial fees paid by proposers with an unsolicited conceptual proposal where VITA declines to accept the proposal for consideration.
- Request revisions to conceptual or detailed proposals at any time during the conceptual or detailed review stages.
- Submit a proposal for review by outside consultants or advisors selected by VITA without notice to the proposer. Such consultants or advisors shall be contractually required to be bound by the agreement on protection of confidential information between the proposer and VITA.
VITA recognizes that it may receive proposals, which have certain characteristics in common yet differ in meaningful ways. In such cases, VITA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to treat such a proposal or any portion of such proposal received after the original proposal, as either a competing proposal or a noncompeting unsolicited proposal, and to proceed accordingly.