Reminder: The method for ordering VITA services has changed. Please follow the revised instructions in the "How to Order" section, below.
Operations and Maintenance for Web Applications
Unit of Measure: Per Server
Pricing Type: Fixed
Billing Cycle: N/A
Service Lead: Raymond Waters Raymond.Waters@vita.virginia.gov
The VITA service for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) for web applications is available under two contacts. The VITA statewide contract numbers are:
Additional product information:
eGov Operations Application & Maintenance Request Process
How to engage an operations application & maintenance supplier
Customer identifies need for eGov O&M service
- If help is needed customer contacts Customer Account Manager (CAM) or emails questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- eGov services advisor can assist customers in defining requirements
- eGov services advisor can assist customers working with suppliers on requirements
- O&M suppliers assist customers with certain types of new applications, based on certain criteria. New applications which O&M vendors can price may include the following:
- Payment processing applications
- New website or new application if the agency has a contract in place with the O&M vendor, and the O&M vendor provides maintenance support on the application
Customer contacts suppliers and selects supplier based on negotiations to handle requirements
- Special needs may indicate which supplier to work with
- Customer and Supplier draft Statement of Work (SOW) Customer finalizes SOW
- eVA Requisition - Customer creates the requisition with an "R" PO Category, includes the supplier contract number, then sends the purchase order to supplier
- Non eVA customers follow normal procurement steps and use supplier contract number
- Customer manages supplier with terms and conditions in SOW
- Supplier implements solution
- Billing and payment transactions are between supplier and customer
For additional product information and programs visit: eGov Services Overview.
How to Order
Effective 12/15/18, this service can be ordered from the VITA Service Catalog in the new VITA Service Portal. To submit your request:
- Customers who have Commonwealth of Virginia (COV) accounts (including executive branch agencies) should access the VITA Service Catalog via the VITA Service Portal to place service requests using the automated form provided in the catalog.
- Customers who do not have COV accounts (including some local government customers) or customers who are unable to gain access to the portal may order the service by sending an e-mail to the VITA Customer Care Center (VCCC) services desk at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- The words "Service request" in the "Subject" line
- The name of the service being ordered
- The quantity desired (if applicable)
- Any other information you deem relevant
If you are uncertain as to whether you have a COV account, start by trying to access the VITA Service Portal. If you are unable to do so, then use the email-to-the-VCCC method.
If you need additional assistance, you may check with your agency information technology resource (AITR) or call the VCCC at 866-637-8482.
You will be contacted to confirm that your request has been received and to obtain any additional required information.