The EIA Data Standards Domain focuses on the establishment and maintenance of adopted Commonwealth data standards. This includes standards for data management, data storage, data exchange, information architecture, messaging and implementation guides. The EIA Data Standards Domain fosters semantic interoperability across the Commonwealth based on enterprise agreements on common data/attribute definitions, specifications and vocabularies for data/information assets. Under this Domain, the Commonwealth Data Governance Team is responsible for publishing and maintaining enterprise data standards in the EA Standards Repository.
- Semantic interoperability across domains based on adopted enterprise standards
- Emphasis away from internal standards and toward external standards maintained by national/international Standard Development Organizations
- Standards reinforce strategies for data quality and integrity
- Compliance monitoring and tracking for enterprise standards
- Central standards repository with resources to support Agency capacity-building and compliance
Adopted standards are published and maintained in the
Enterprise Standards Repository (Excel).
How to Use the Enterprise Data Standards
The above Excel file ("Enterprise Standards Repository") lists all the COV Adopted Standards.
SEARCH the list for a standard you are seeking
SCROLL to the right and click the corresponding URL to access the standard web page
If the URL does not work, cut and paste the URL and put the URL in your web browser
Contact email@example.com for assistance if needed.