The EIA Data Governance Domain centers on high-level data stewardship of the Commonwealth’s information architecture and assets. Data Governance represents the strategy dimension of the EIA program, with clearly defined objectives cascading from the enterprise to the Agency and program level. Key factors within the Enterprise Data Governance Domain include strategic direction, institutional arrangements, agency relationships and administrative functions necessary for aligning the Commonwealth’s EIA with the Business Architecture.
- Governance driven by relationships among data stewards at the enterprise, agency and program level
- Central data governance organization with executive sponsorship
- Enterprise data strategy and well-defined policies, standards and guidelines
- Feedback loops in place to support continuous improvement for EIA
- Data governance staff, data stewards and business leaders monitor and promote strategies to enhance the value chain of information architecture and assets