Item 427(C) of the 2012 Appropriation Act requires the Secretary of Technology to develop data standards for information commonly used by state agencies. This report constitutes the initial plan required by the Item, which the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) has prepared on behalf of the Secretary of Technology. The final plan will be submitted in July 2013.
- Background and Statutory History
- Business Uses of Data and Data Standardization
- Current Status of Data Standardization
- Item 427 C.1 Element – Standardization of all “citizen-centric” data
- Item 427 C.2 Element – Standardization of data for projects cited in the Item
Report and Reference Documentation