Tools and Techniques for Managing the Growing Role of GIS in Enterprise Software
Capabilities and solutions available in GIS software are always changing, as are the tasks we face as more solutions require GIS data in different formats and frequencies. The Fall 2019 VITA-ISP GIS training sessions build off of these challenges by providing:
- A framework to better understand ArcGIS Online's current functionality;
- Methods for data schema comparison and field mapping; and
- Best practices for extract, transform, and load (ETL) routine.
While these techniques and skills assist GIS staff with their growing role in Next Generation 9-1-1, they are applicable to other projects involving the integration and maintenance of GIS data.
Registration is required and details are as follows:
- October 30, 2019 - 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. - Chesapeake
- October 31, 2019 - 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. - King George
- November 7, 2019 - 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. - Warrenton
- November 20, 2019 - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 pm - Lynchburg
- November 21, 2019 - 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Christiansburg
Please join us as we establish foundation concepts and help each other learn based on our own experiences.